May 4, 2011

FarmVille: What's All The Hype About?

I don't understand why everyone's so addicted to FarmVille. I did try it a couple of times, but never found myself wanting to play it for more than 1 minute. The repetitive plowing, planting, and harvesting, and growing your farm is just something that doesn't appeal so much to me. 

As a "social game" supposedly, the only interaction I see between players is drowning each others Facebook feeds with neighbor requests, energy requests, and whatever requests Zynga developers can think of. And before the players even realize it, they're non-gamer Facebook friends have already deleted, and blocked them due to all the game spam they have shared for all their friends to be tormented to click, and try out. The closest thing to "social interaction" I can see when it comes to playing FarmVille is seeing my Facebook friends, "Like" my game feed posts asking for tools, oil, and what not. And sometimes, if I'm lucky, I get the occasional "done" or "ty" comment below game stuff I share and post on my wall.

I mean is spamming each others Facebook feeds the new social interaction? Does the game offer so much cool items and perks that so many people are so addicted to it? The most amazing items have to be bought using real money and are really quite costly, and the only way you can get the few amazing items that are "free" is to spam your Facebook friends with requests, or invite your friends to try the game too.

Is it worth it? What's really so fun about FarmVille? Care to explain to me? Use the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment